Tuesday, June 3, 2014

WEEK 18 - VIVE CHILE!!!!!!

Este semana fue marvaillosa!!!!
This week was amazing!

Every week is great here in the mission. (:

This week we had a ward activity scavenger hunt. It was so much fun and so hard! Especially in Spanish, but I will say, that I am learning spanish a LOT faster now. I can finally communicate more with the members and my investigators. It is a HUGE blessing from the Lord, and I KNOW that the gift of tounges is real. I just needed to be more patient. Anyway... They tied our legs together, and we had to hop around the chapel and find the treasure using clues. It was perfect for the kids in the ward. Also the elders we serve with had an investigators there, and they are AMAZING. We know them really well because they ALWAYS come to church. Gloria is in her sixties and her grandson Martín (marteen) is seventeen. Martín will be baptized this coming Sunday. (: We are so happy for the Elders. Our ward is growing! We are so excited.

Also, I dont know if any of you have seen what the church is doing with their missionaries to get more people intersted in the church. We have stands now that have questions on them, and people come up and ask us how they can recievce the answer and we give them a card with the iphone scanner thing the the mormon.org webpage. It is WAY neat! So we have been doing that and I really love it. The church is awesome. We had one girl who came up to us, we talked to her for a bit, and then asked her for her phone number so we could visit her, and she said, yeah its 22232425. Me being the naive person that I am totally started writing it down, not realizing that that number doesnt exist here, and that OBVIOSLY the chances of those numbers in that order being a real number were slim. I have no idea what I would do without Hermana Lopez! haha.

Also, this week I am done training, so now I am a real missionary! haha. It is scary, but super awesome. We have transfers this week, and I am excited to see what happens! I will be fine either way, but I have a feeling I am staying in this area, because the missionaries in this area usually stay for a few transfers. So we shall see!

This week I was really focusing on how to make my prayers better. More meaningful, more special and more personal. Prayer is SO important. It is how we communicate with our Heavenly Father. It is our only means of communication with Him in this life, and I know that if  we pray with faith and humble ourselves before the Lord, He WILL answer our prayers. I know because I have seen the power of prayer work miracles in my life.

I love you all!!!
Cuidese mucho!

Love, Hermana Watt


This Week's Pictures


 Kamryn and investigator, Fresia



Fellow Missionaries

Note from Amber:  In my chat with Kam today she told me about this 19 year old girl with a baby who didn't have a coat.  Kam gave the girl her coat.  I put money in Kam's account so that she could go get a new one.  Kam acted like it was no biggie but I know that Kam loved that grey coat.  Anyway, the last pic is Kam with the girl and the girl is wearing the grey coat.  :)




Missionaries in her district 


Mickey in Chile!


Hermana Lopez and Hermana Watt


No comments:

Post a Comment