Monday, June 16, 2014

WEEK 20 - COME AS YOU ARE

THIS WEEK'S LETTER

This week we had the opportunity to get together as a whole mission and listen to the words of one of the members of the presidency of the seventy, Elder Lynn Robbins. It was AMAZING, and one of the most inspiring messages I have ever heard. He talked a lot about missions, and how we dont need to be perfect to be good missionaries, we just need to do our BEST. The Lord makes up for the rest.

I also got the chance to see ALL of my old friends from the MTC and also my old companion Hermana Evans! It was so neat to see how much everyone is LOVING the mission. I love them all and I feel so happy to be here with all these missionaries learing and growing, and bringing people unto Christ.
This week Hermana Lopez and I focused on trying to find new investigators. We have REALLY good ones, but right now they all are at the point where the only thing we can hope for is that eventually they use their agency to do the right thing, and take a leap of faith. We had the chance to help and teach 3 new people this week and even though some of them didnt accept the gospel, it was a chance for us to share what we know. It really helped me strengthen my testimony, and remember why I am here. I saw the hand of the Lord a lot this week and I learned that He doesnt necessarily give us the things we want, but He DOES give us the experiences we NEED.
I have learned that the Lord and Savior knows ALL of our afflictions and is ready to run to us in our time of need.

Revelations 7:17 - Because Jesus gave us His ALL, He can comfort us in ALL our sorrows and wipe away ALL our tears - Brad Wilcox
Alma 9:26

"The Saviors message is no just "come unto me" but "come as you are". He doesnt say "get your act together and then come back when you fit the mold". He says in essence "Lets start right where you are and go from there". Christ is not waiting for us to be perfect. Perfect people dont need a Savior. He came to save His perfect people in their imperfections"

Con amor, 

Hermana Watt

A LITTLE EXCITEMENT THIS WEEK!

I have been struggling a bit this week because the other day two men robbed the woman in front of us, and it was TERRIFYING. We ran and I don't think I have ever been more scared in my life. 

PICTURES




MEETING WITH GENERAL AUTHORITY


The The girl in this picture is Hayley Hansen.  She is from Washington. They met on a missionary fb page after they both received their calls.  They met each other face to face in the airport on the way to Chile but haven't seen each other since they left the mtc.  They got to see each other again at the meeting with the General Authority last week.  


Kam also got to see her MTC companion, Hermana Evans.  You know how attached Kam gets to everyone she meets...just like her Nana.  








No comments:

Post a Comment