Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Week 32: Trial Is Part of the Journey

HOLA de Ovalle!  (Hello from Ovalle)

¿Como están? Estoy tan agradecida estar aquí con mi compañera en Ovalle. Es muy bonita aquí, y yo tengo la oportunidad aprender mucho cada dia! Me encanta la misión!  (How are you?  I am so grateful to be here with my companion in Ovalle. It is very beautiful here and I have the opportunity to learn a lot every day! I love the mission!)

This week was a great week! Hermana Jones and I are learning more and more about the area and the ward everyday. We meet a lot of interesting people, (most of them strong catholics) but it is all so worth it. Some people are super great, and they recieve us (: 

Ovalle is a little different than Viña and Valparaiso. It is small town, and is super peaceful. I love being here, and we are working super hard to find, find, find. 

I have learned this week that the Lord will never forsake us, or leave us to do anything on our own. He is ALWAYS there, and sometimes I think our own selves are the ones who get in the way of letting Him help us, letting Him heal our wounds, and mend our broken hearts. I would be lying if I said that the mission was all easy. That everyone wants to hear the gospel. It isn´t easy, and in fact, most people want nothing to do with it. But one thing I have learned is that God has a plan for each one of us. I KNOW right now I am supposed to be here at this time to hlep someone, even if I don´t see the fruits of it right away... or ever. I know that the Lord has a work and a purpose for every single one of us. 

I love you all and I testify that this IS the true church of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and that through Him, we can recieve all the blessings that He has. He LOVES us. 


Les quiero muchisimo!!!  (I love them a lot!)

Con todo el amor en mi corazon, (With all the love in my heart)

Hermana Watt

This is a part from a talk by Dieter F Uchtdorf:

The scriptures tell us there must be opposition in all things, for without it we could not discern the sweet from the bitter. 2 Would the marathon runner feel the triumph of finishing the race had she not felt the pain of the hours of pushing against her limits? Would the pianist feel the joy of mastering an intricate sonata without the painstaking hours of practice?
In stories, as in life, adversity teaches us things we cannot learn otherwise. Adversity helps to develop a depth of character that comes in no other way. Our loving Heavenly Father has set us in a world filled with challenges and trials so that we, through opposition, can learn wisdom, become stronger, and experience joy.

Pictures of Ovalle






No comments:

Post a Comment