Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Week 34: in behalf of those who knew not God

Hello to all! 

This week was SO much fun. For those of you who don´t know, September 18th was the Independence day for Chile. It is a HUGE deal here, and they celebrate it for a whole week! We had the opportunity to spend a few hours at the ward activity where we ate a lot of Chilean food, and we did some awesome games that I can only remember doing at girls camp!!! A lot of tug-of-war, and 3 legged racing. Not the easiest thing to do in a skirt, but we managed! We also got to try on some of the traditional dresses that they wear, because apparently dancing is a big thing here. They have these fancy dresses and everything. It was a blast to expierience a little more of their culture. I may or may not have participated in the potato sack race. I will neither confirm nor deny. 

We have a really good family that is progressing so much right now. It is a mom, a dad, and their daugther. Their names are Gustavo, Janet, and Tanya. They are seriously a family of gold, and they have been waiting for the truth, and ever since they have found it, they have been working so hard towards baptism! We hope and pray for their baptism on the 11th of October! Crossing our fingers! 

Ovalle has been FULL of blessings, and I have realized that really the Lord works in the most mysterious ways, and that these people really are people, not numbers. Each person matters SO much to Heavenly Father, and to be a mediator through the process is the greatest gift in the whole world.

I have a strong testimony of the power of fasting, and how such a small and simple sacrifice can bring about the greatest of blessings, more than we could ever imagine. 

I love the Lord, and I am full of joy that I have this opportunity to serve Him. Oh how I have reaped blessings unimagineable, and Oh how greatly He has blessed my family. I am forever grateful for the opportunity to learn and grow closer to Him everyday, because without Him, it is impossible to find true, and pure joy. 

I LOVE YOU ALL! 

Hermana Watt

Alma 6:6
6 Nevertheless the children of God were commanded that they should gather themselves together oft, and join in fasting and mighty prayer in behalf of the welfare of the souls of those who knew not God.

This ward party for Chile's independence day humbles me.  I complain when they run out of food at ward parties, lol. Tug of war, three legged races, potato sack races in real potato sacks.  It is so little house on the prairie!  Kam loved it though and participated skirt and all!  



Sister Evans and Sister Watt


Tug of war


Man down!


Three legged race


Kamryn in the sack race


Other Hermanas in the Ward


The jump for joy!


The View


More of the view, pony rides at the ward party.  ( I feel like I've stepped back in time with this ward party, lol)











Original Chilean Dress


In Chilean dress



Kamryn's Halloween decorations



No comments:

Post a Comment