Monday, September 15, 2014

Week 33: Cheerfully, and with patience



Hello!

This week was FULL of miracles, and really, it is times like these where I am just constantly praying and thanking Heavenly Father for all of the blessings he gives us. 

We found 2 famlies that have so much potential to progress, and I am so excited to teach them more about the loving plan that God has for us! They are amazing.

We have this less active family that we are visiting a lot because the mom is a drug addict. We stopped by this week to see how they were doing, and one of the little boys (Matias..5 yrs) said..."Hermana, I found a scripture that I love that I want you to read." He then flipped through the book of mormon to Mosiah 24:14-16.(below) I cannot even begin to tell you how much I learned in that moment from that 5 year old. He taught me that the Lord is ALWAYS there. He also proceeded to tell me that he KNOWS these words are true because the holy ghost tells him that it is true. What an example, and honestly, in that moment I couldn`t hold back my tears. 

I bear a firm testimony that the Lord DOES visit his people in their afflictions, and is always there to help us. It is one of the biggest lessons I have learned here on my mission. 

I am now a pro at washing clothes by hand, and I am proud to say that I have had to conquer my fear of spiders, because there are more of them here than there are people. Also I may or may not have a love for dogs... HOW did that happen? And, I am forgetting all my english. 

LOVE YOU ALL! 

Hermana Watt

PIC: Me and my ivestigators, Rosa and Patricio

14 And will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannofeel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know osurety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.

 15 And now it came to pass that the burdens which were laid upon Alma and his brethren were made light; yea, the Lord didstrengthen them that they could bear up their burdens with ease,and they did submit cheerfully and with patience to all the will ofthe Lord.
16 And it came to pass that so great was their faith and theirpatience that the voice of the Lord came unto them again, saying:Be of good comfort, for on the morrow will deliver you out ofbondage.

Pictures


Kam and her investigators, Patricio and Rosa (look someone taller than Kamryn finally!


Kam in front of "Why So Serious?" Street art


Kam's District


A menu


Kam and her dogs!



More wall art and Kam


Sister Evans and Kam in their Halloween headbands.  Amber says, "All this mom could find in August!"  Amber does a fantastic job finding things to send to Kam for all the holidays, birthday and Christmas.  Kudos to Amber!!  She is such a good mom.




More Halloween goodies sent by Amber


Another of Kam's doggie friends!


Penny gave Kam one of their family calendar's before she left and apparently Kennedy Taylor is Mr. July.


Sister Evans and Kam


The sink they do their laundry in!  Are we spoiled or what?


Even more wall art


Kam and the town in the background




Picture of her area.  Looks like a pretty poor area.


Another stray!  They sure love her!


Kam smelling the roses


Locking up their heat supply before they head out







No comments:

Post a Comment