Monday, April 7, 2014

WEEK 10

NOT TO WORRY.....ALL IS WELL!!


So for starters, all is well here in Chile. At least where I am in Chile. It was a scary time for sure, considering the fact I had no idea what the problem was because everyone here talks so fast, and when there is a possible emergency, they talk even faster! So, when all I heard was tsunami, I almost peed my pants, but thank goodness it didn´t touch here. We have a had a few earthquakes, but nothing crazy. So, all is well and we are working harder than ever.

So this week was April Fools day, and unfortunately, they don´t celebrate that holdiay here or in Peru. So when I would play a joke on my companion and then say April Fools! It didn´t really work. I never thought I would miss it, but I do!
Also, there is this man in our neighborhood who somehow manages to find me every couple of days. He comes up to me and always asks me for money, because I am North American. But what this fella doesn´t understand is that missionaries aren´t rich at all. hahaha. Broke as a joke.
The best part of this week was genereal conference. For some reason, General Conference is like 10 million times better as a missionary. It is like Christmas here. We LOVE it. One of my favorites (They all were my favorite) was the talk by Jeffrey R. Holland. I love it because as missionaries, and even as members, we are rejected every single day, whether personally, or just in general. It is really hard, but I love how he said that it is worth it. This is ALL worth it.
We are so blessed to have the gospel in our lives. I see people every single day who don´t see what they are missing, and they won´t allow themselves the opportunity to have true happiness. It is sad. But one thing we can do, for those of us who have it in our lives is to embrace it. Make the gospel a way of life, not just something that you do in your life. The gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is the only true church on this earth, and through the Savior is the ONLY way we can return and recieve all the great and many blessings we have been promised if we do so. We are chosen! We are SO blessed to have the truth. There are MANY who don´t have this blessing and opportunity. Take advantage. Seriously. Don´t live the gospel half way. Don´t let yourself down. Don´t let the Lord and Savior who suffered more than any of us will EVER comprehend FOR US down. He did this for US. Why? Because He love us. Do you love Him? Then do what is right with no excuses. It is simple, yet we complicate it. Don´t give yourself up to the adversary so easily. Find strength in the Atonement of the Savior Jesus Christ. That is what it is here for.
 I love you all!

Hermana Watt


PICTURES FROM OUR ZONE CONFERENCE

Kam and her companion

Her Zone


Kam and her companion studying

Kam and other missionaries

Kam an her companion and a gentleman

I think she loves the food!






No comments:

Post a Comment