Monday, April 21, 2014

WEEK 12 - FIRE CLEAN-UP

FIRE CLEAN-UP


Hello everyone!
This week was very eventful! 
Lots of disasters require lots of service, lucky for us missionaries, because we love to help! We had the opportunity to go help clean up some of the remains of the fire, and it was the most humbling experience. These people already have nothing to start with, then to go see that everything that they did have was gone, broke my heart. But the faith that these people have is amazing. It was a priviledge to be able to help them! I love this church, because whenever something like this happens, we are the first to help, and we come with many hands! It was amazing how many people showed up to help these people. 
We had the neatest experience this week, and honestly, it was a huge answer to our prayers. Hermana Lopez and I have many investigators, but the problem is they dont come to church. We have been doing everything we can to try and help them progress, but they just arent. It is the hardest thing. So at one point this week, I just wanted to give up. I felt like I was failing the people. So I decided to pray. I asked Heavenly Father to help me find purpose for being here. I asked Him to help us find someone who was ready, and needed our help. Literally 5 minutes later, a girl came up to us and said, Please come teach me. I have been praying for help, and I felt like I should talk to you. Please come teach me what you know." That never happens. Really. It was a huge answer to my prayer. She is 19 and has a baby. She doesnt talk to her family, because they dont agree with the fact that she has a baby at this age. She had been searching for a way to raise her daughter in light and truth, and she found us.
The mission is amazing! Also, I got some things to celebrate Easter here with Hermana Lopez! She loved it. She has no idea what it is, but it was fun to share the experience with her! 
This week was amazing, and the mission is so rewarding. 

Thank you for all of your love and support!!!

Love, Hermana Watt

MISSION PICS




Hermana Lopez and Hermana Watt paint a door for a ward member


FIRE CLEAN-UP








EASTER 

Beautiful Easter Baskets!


The hearts on the door were for their Mission Mom....not sure what that is.




No comments:

Post a Comment