Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Week 30: For the Lord God hath spoken it

HELLO my friends and family!
 


For starters, I had a sick comp this week, so we didn't have much happening, but I did study and learn a lot! I finished the Doctrine and Covenants, and learned so much. But now we are getting ready to get back on our feet and start working again! 

On Saturday we had an earthquake that hit our area pretty hard. We were in the apartment, and I remember just being so scared, and realizing I actually had no idea what to do. Thank goodness my comp is from California, and deals with this stuff all the time, so we were safe. But it made me realize one thing. How prepared am I really for all the things that are supposed to come when Christ comes again. Am I prepared spiritually? Mentally? Emotionally? We need to ALWAYS be prepared in every aspect. I know that I want to be able to see the Lord face to face and tell him that I used everything he gave me to hasten his work, and live the best life I possibly could. I know living our lives in tune with the teachings of the gospel will not only help us stay prepared, but also it is the only way to achieve true happiness in this life, and the life to come. 

Also we finally had an investigator come to church. His name is Filipe, and he is the grandson of a lady that we are activating after 10 years of not coming to church. She is proof that it is NEVER too late to come back, no matter how long it has been. Shes back and back SUPER strong, and paving the way for her family. Her grandson LOVED it, and is wanting to take the lessons. He is 14 and super spiritual. We are SO excited to teach Him! 

I love the Lord and His tender mercies. 

Love you all!
Hermana Watt



D&C 127: 2
And as for the perils which am called to pass through, they seem but small thing to me, as the envy and wrath of man have been my common lot all the days of my life; and for what cause it seems mysteriousunless was ordained from before the foundation of the world for some good end, or bad, as you may choose to call it. Judge ye for yourselves. God knoweth all these things, whether it be good or bad. But nevertheless, deep water is what am wont to swim in. It all has become second nature to me; and feel, like Paul, to glory in tribulationfor to this day has the God of my fathers delivered me out of them all, and will deliver me from henceforth; for behold, and lo, shall triumph over all my enemies, for the Lord God hath spoken it.

From Amber

She hasn't had the greatest week or 2 really.  Her comp has been laid up with a foot issue so Kam has been apartment bound with nothing to do.  The President called her to let her know that they are moving her comp to the mission home to see if her foot gets better and sending a new comp today.  Poor Kam, she struggles with change but she has a grateful attitude and this is the second "emergency change" in companions for her.  She is loving her mission and even her area even though it is a very tough area.  Anyway, the cool thing was that while she was at the internet cafe emailing me her District Leader walked in with 2 packages from home.  She so loves getting mail.  The neat thing is that you only get mail at zone conferences which are every month and a half or so.  She had just had zone conference last Wednesday and I was sad that she only received 2 of my packages and she didn't get the one with the maxi skirts in it.  I figured the package had just missed the zone conference and now she'd have to wait another month and a half to get it.  It totally made her day and I got to be on the computer with her when she got them.  What a cool DL!  He must have known that she could use a little love from home.  :) 

And then this from Amber's personal conversation about the earthquake

Well this is what happened. So last week, Hermana Burwasser had a huge foot problem, and couldnt walk. So we went to the doctor, and he told her she had to do rest for 1 week. So we did NOTHING this week, which literally sucks. I wont lie, it gets frustrating having a sick companion, because then our areas suffer. I wish I knew what the lord was trying to teach me. So today the president told us she is leaving to go stay at the mission home for a few days, while someone else comes here with me. Im excited to work, but stressed to have a new comp AGAIN. Its okay. I can do it.

But about the earthquake, we were inside when it happened, and we live on the 4th floor of a 17 story building, and I was just sitting on the ground reading an ensign with Hermana B and all the sudden the ground started shaking and it got stronger and stronger and didnt stop! So I started to get super scared. We grabbed each other and ran and stood under a doorway, then finally it stopped. It was SO scary mom

No comments:

Post a Comment