Monday, August 4, 2014

Week 27: THAT BY HIS GRACE YE MAY BE PERFECT IN CHRIST

I am overwhelmed this week by the blessings I have been able to witness this week; and the BEST part is, they were blessings I had to realize and look for, but they were really miracles from the Lord.

First off, we found a new investigator this week, and his name is Alan. He is 21, and he has a 3 year old son. We contacted him on the street, and he started telling us how much he respected our religion, and told us he was excited to hear more. EXCITED. No one ever uses that word. EVER. So that was miracle number 1. We found someone who was excited. We went to His house, and he had a million questions. He told us that he knows there is a God, but that he isnt sure that He is a loving God. A father figure. Someone who cares about us, and really wants the best for us. We explained to him the nature of God, and how he IS our loving Heavenly Father, and he loves him, just as much as he loves his own son. He is really starting to grow, and in our lesson the other day he said: "What if I became Mormon?" And we said jokingly: "We would love that!" To which he said: "I want to. But I am scared." Arent we all? But he is AMAZING, and progressing. He is miracle number 2 also. He is submissive, and willing.

For those of you who didnt know, I have been having some pretty serious back problems since I have been here. I cant take a bag or a backpack or anything. It really is hard to have this pain and work effectively and have my mind 100% on the work. But thanks to miracle number 3, priesthood blessings, and miracle number 4, fasting, I am doing SO much better. The Lord has more plans for me here in Chile, and I have been SO blessed to have these things so avaliable to help me progress, and help others progress as welll.
Miracle number 5, WE FOUND A FAMILY. These are SO hard to find. They are super excited to meet with us, and we have an appointment to share more with them this week. The best part is the dad speaks english too! So we get to tell some jokes. He is a funny guy. I pray for them always, and really hope we can help them recieve the miracle number 6, an eternal family.
I love this work, and it is SO much more rewarding when I see the simple yet AMAZING miracles in every day.

Thank you all for your support and prayers.

Estoy tan agradecida a mi Padre Celestial por cada uno de ustedes. Gracias por todo! Cuidense mucho! (loose translation:  I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for each of you. Thanks for everything! Take care a lot!)


Love, Hermana Watt

GRACE:
The enabling power from God that allows men and women to obtain blessings in this life and to gain eternal life and exaltation after they have exercised faith, repented, and given their best effort to keep the commandments. Such divine help or strength is given through the mercy and love of God. Every mortal person needs divine grace because of Adam’s fall and also because of man’s weaknesses.

MORONI 10:32
32 Yea, come unto Christ, and be perfected in him, and deny yourselves of all ungodliness; and if ye shall deny yourselves of all ungodliness, and love God with all your might, mind and strength, then is his GRACE sufficient for you, that by his GRACE ye may be perfect in Christ; and if by the GRACE of God ye are perfect in Christ, ye can in nowise deny the power of God.

Pictures

Is she blowing kisses to the cow?  I am confused!


Hace Frio...It is cold!



No comments:

Post a Comment